Sometimes you need an objective professional to talk to, who can help lay out information in a clear and unbiased way. You want someone to listen to your needs, and help you put the pieces together without feeling pushed into a specific assessment or program that promises results.
Your child’s teacher or a family member may have flagged a speech, language or learning concern, and you don’t understand the terminology or know where to start. You may not know how to approach this, and various Google searches only add to your confusion.
In the General Consultation, we will listen to your concerns and answer your questions in everyday language. We can share evidence-based information on possible paths you may take, or refer you to sources of information that are reputable and evidence based.
This is an unstructured session, that tackles questions that you have to help you navigate these at-times confusing and difficult situations.
This consultation is right for you if:
- Your child has just received a query or red flag, and may need extra support in some areas
- You are finding the journey difficult to navigate
- You are looking for a friendly, approachable specialist to assist you in understanding what’s next
Requirements and costs:
- An initial phone consultation to see if I would be of help in your area of concern (We won’t take on cases where we don’t feel we can provide a valuable and evidence-based direction)
- If we feel we can be of valuable assistance, one face to face session at your residence $185